Monday, May 13, 2013

Rush


One of my favorite authors is Maya Banks, a contemporary romance author. I have read tons of her books, so naturally I started reading her new series. The Breathless Trilogy released book one: Rush. (This is also the book I’m doing for Pecha Kucha). Book one of the Trilogy follows billionaire Gabe Hamilton and his romance with his best friend, and business partner's, little sister. Mia Crestwell pushes all of Gabe's buttons, both good and bad. The characters relationship grows in a very fun and catchy way. They are always at each other’s throat, but they love that that’s how their chemistry works. They have an amazing physical chemistry as well, something that is clearly shown through the romance scenes that Banks creates. Rush has everything you could want from a book, suspense, action, and red hot romance. It has many similarities to E.L. James' series Fifty Shades of Grey. The same type of relationship is explored and the characters share similar qualities. Being such a big fan of Fifty, it was hard to give this book a chance. I picked it up thinking that it wouldn’t even show compared to Fifty. I was so wrong. The book pulled me in from the beginning and kept my attention throughout. Every single scene had something intriguing about it. Those qualities can be hard to come back in the romance books of today, but there they were. Plain and clear. Banks did an amazing job on this one. I have added it to my list of favorite titles of hers, and let me tell ya, it’s very close to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment